Plan for tomorrow's FESCo meeting (2010-11-17)

Jan Kratochvil jan.kratochvil at redhat.com
Sat Nov 20 21:57:33 UTC 2010

On Sat, 20 Nov 2010 22:24:46 +0100, Miloslav Trmač wrote:
> The packages have an automated test suite.  I test the code
> changes as applied the main branch.  I test the final update RPMs
> rebuilt locally my system.
>
> Given all this testing, I'm not going to spend time testing the
> particular builds on all supported distributions

Testing upstream GDB builds on all the supported Fedoras nightly.  Fedora
packages I test only on their own Fedora version.  It is easy and automated
using mock.
	FYI GDB regression testing scripts
	http://sourceware.org/ml/archer/2010-q3/msg00194.html

But this should be a part of a Beaker deployment which I do not much about:
	https://fedorahosted.org/beaker/

> The only really remaining risks are compiler problems (which are extremely
> rare)

This is sometimes and issue for GDB but almost all of them are the debuginfo
problems which are specific to GDB (but also to Systemtap and other tools).

Regards,
Jan