Updates Criteria Summary/Brainstorming

Andre Robatino robatino at fedoraproject.org
Sun Nov 21 19:14:19 UTC 2010

Toshio Kuratomi <a.badger <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Lack of manpower ideas:
>
> * Allow anonymous karma to count.  Anonymous karma would allow more people
>   who report bugs in bugzilla to add karma in bodhi without having to get
>   a second account in the Fedora Account System.  For critpath packages,
>   we're already mandating that a proventester must give karma so we're
>   making sure that someone with an account is giving feedback there.

My feeling is that it would be better for Bodhi to always require a login. Even
Bugzilla does that. I suspect that a lot of people who give anonymous karma
don't realize that it doesn't count, and would have created an account if they
did. And using an account allows people to build a reputation, which is useful
in case Bodhi is ever besieged by malicious comments and is forced to disable
some accounts, or disable anonymous comments completely.