Plan for tomorrow's FESCo meeting (2010-11-17)

Jan Kratochvil jan.kratochvil at redhat.com
Mon Nov 22 04:11:44 UTC 2010

On Mon, 22 Nov 2010 00:32:38 +0100, Matt McCutchen wrote:
> On Sat, 2010-11-20 at 23:09 +0100, Jan Kratochvil wrote:
> > One has to give up on backporting new fixes to ever get any delivered.
>
> That's not true.  You can continue committing fixes and running builds
> in Koji; just don't submit another update until the first one goes to
> stable.

It is already complicated enough to push a patch for Fedora.  One has to find
the right unused Patch number, add %patch, git add it, bump Revision, create a
%changelog entry with the BZ number, run Koji build, run Bodhi, copy the
%changelog entry and BZ number into Bodhi and ... now I have to also start
checking the state of previously submitted updates?

Why to even start Koji by hand.  Why to start Bodhi.  After I commit the
change to GIT it can run the Koji build and Bodhi for updates-testing
automatically.  (When to push updates-testing -> updates is not so clear.)

Using now - couldn't it be easier?
	alias fbuild='(set -ex;fedpkg clog;git commit -a -F clog;rm -f clog;git push;fedpkg build;echo fbuild done)'
(IIRC I was not much satisfied with the current Bodhi step automation.)

Thanks,
Jan