bugzilla bugzappers?

Henrik Nordström henrik at henriknordstrom.net
Mon Nov 22 10:24:58 UTC 2010

lör 2010-11-06 klockan 14:08 +0100 skrev Till Maas:

> I have no problem to verify a bug when the maintainer is ready to fix
> it. But it is pretty annoying to verify it within a small time window
> regularly just to have it ignored till the next EOL date.

Understood. And the same issue is also on maintainers in different
manners. But I am sad to hear that you see bugs you reconfirm to a new
release ignored for a full cycle again.

The EOL bugzapper is really no more than a patch to a symptom (garbage
collecting in bugzilla due to lack of attention of both maintainer and
reporter) than a cure to the cause. Until a better model is found it's
the best we have, but the goal should be get rid of the bug or push it
forward to next release before EOL.

Regards
Henrik