Updates Criteria Summary/Brainstorming

Adam Miller maxamillion at fedoraproject.org
Mon Nov 22 17:01:20 UTC 2010

On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 10:49:38AM -0600, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
> Kevin Kofler wrote:
> > Right, and the big point there should be that a bug which can corrupt mail
> > folders should be fixed IMMEDIATELY, i.e. with a direct stable push! ANY
> > testing requirement there is a failure.
>
> So you'll double, triple, ultra swear that this[1] will never happen again?
>
> [1]
> http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/announce/2008-December/002572.html

As though swearing it will never happen is even possible to deliver?

Not all software is created equal, some depends on others, some is
depended on by *many* others and that's just an unfortunate side effect
of the game we play.

"Software is hard" - Knuth

There are going to be errors that need fixing, nothing is bullet proof
and to think we're going to be able to pull off perfection at all times
is just not realistic.

-AdamM