bugzilla bugzappers?

Björn Persson bjorn at xn--rombobjrn-67a.se
Mon Nov 22 17:51:28 UTC 2010

Henrik Nordström wrote:
> * Slight adjustment of karma to provide choices "Works for me", "Problem
> still present" and "New problems seen"
>
> * "Works for me" is a +1, and also adds the refereced bug as fixed by
> the update if not already in the list of fixed bugs.
>
> * "Problem still present" is a -1 if the bug is listed as fixed.
> Otherwise a +/-0.
>
> * "Regression causing new problems" is a -1, and requires a comment
> explaining the issue and explicit confirmation that the issue is not
> seen in earlier version.

That should work for bugfix updates, but updates that don't fix bugs will never
get any positive karma. You might argue that no update should be done if there
are no bugs to fix, but what about bugfixes where the bugs have been reported
upstream but not in Red Hat's Bugzilla?

I also think there should be separate choices for "still works for me" and
"fixes my problem". "Fixes my problem" would be what you called "works for me",
while "still works for me" would be for testers who had no problem before and
don't see any regressions.

Björn Persson