Updates Criteria Summary/Brainstorming

Tom Lane tgl at redhat.com
Mon Nov 22 21:39:33 UTC 2010

Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> writes:
> On Mon, 2010-11-22 at 12:02 -0800, Jesse Keating wrote:
>> Critpath requires +1 proven tester and +1 anybody.  Total of +2.  Non
>> crit-path requires a minimum of +1 anybody or a 7 day timeout I do believe.
>>
>> I do not believe we require +3 anywhere.  We /default/ the karma
>> autopush level at +3/-3, but that's just a suggestion.

> we should probably change it to +2 or even +1.

Yeah.  Or at least document that the maintainer is allowed to reduce it;
that's entirely unclear given the current policy and bodhi UI.  As
things stand, there is a clear expectation embodied in the default
behavior that you should be able to get +3 karma.  The fundamental
complaint (at least as I've been making it) is that that's unrealistic
given the actual available testing manpower.  It's not undesirable;
it'd be great if that actually did happen.  But it's just not going to
happen, most of the time for most packages.

(And yeah, if we allow +1 autopush, we should definitely expect -1 is
sufficient to unpush.  Maybe bodhi should restrict the combination of
those two settings, rather than either one alone?)

			regards, tom lane