Updates Criteria Summary/Brainstorming

Björn Persson bjorn at xn--rombobjrn-67a.se
Mon Nov 22 21:39:27 UTC 2010

Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 21, 2010 at 10:36:48PM -0600, Garrett Holmstrom wrote:
> > >
> > > Having a single account for all of Fedora including Bugzilla ought to
> > > help somewhat. Anyone who has taken the trouble of reporting a bug
> > > could then easily give karma in Bodhi. Separate accounts seems like an
> > > unnecessary obstacle to me.
> >
> > +1, though something tells me making it happen would take nothing short
> > of a heroic effort.
>
> There's one easy but deeply flawed way to do this -- automatically create
> a username at fedoraproject.org bugzilla account for the user with the
> password used in FAS.  Deeply flawed in this case because the passwords
> can get out of sync, we're creating accounts when people sometimes want to
> use a different address in bugzilla and fas, etc.

Hmm, but it says here that we should use the same address in Bugzilla and FAS:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Join_the_package_collection_maintainers

> We don't control RH
> bugzilla so changing bugzilla to be able to use fas to login would be
> problematic.

That solution seems backwards anyway. I think most new contributors probably
report bugs long before they become packagers, so they need Bugzilla accounts
before they need FAS accounts.

How about changing Bodhi to allow login with either a FAS account or a
Bugzilla account? Would that be difficult to do?

Björn Persson