Fedora 15, new and exciting plans

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 09:47:51 UTC 2010

On Sat, Nov 20, 2010 at 9:53 PM, Kevin Fenzi <kevin at scrye.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 20 Nov 2010 18:32:26 +0100
> Michał Piotrowski <mkkp4x4 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> 2010/11/12 Kevin Fenzi <kevin at scrye.com>:
>> > Any other exciting work in progress that might land in F15 that
>> > people are actively working on?
>>
>> How about removing some old unix crud? (he said this and he saw that
>> some people starts to gather firewood in the stack :))
>>
>> Anyone uses gopher, uucp?
>
> I do use UUCP. ;)

So do I. Its quite useful in particular circumstances.

> I'd have no problem with the uucp package making a user itself tho and
> dropping the user from base.

I think it should be made by the package itself like all other users
as per packaging guidelines. I'm also quite happy not to have it
installed by default as I (and presumably pretty much everyone that
would use it) would know how to yum install it and those that don't
would likely get it via PackageKit-command-not-found

Peter