Urgent: today's F14 catastrophe with openldap-servers update

Jan Vcelak jvcelak at redhat.com
Tue Nov 23 16:09:28 UTC 2010

Related question to other developers:

Am I allowed to write some additional output in %pre/%post scriptlets? And
shall I use stdout or stderr? I haven't found it in guidelines.

This is the problem: The database migration could take a really long time. I
have testing data with 56 entries (nodes) - exporting (slapcat) is quite fast,
but importing (slapadd) takes around 10 seconds.

Imagine you have a large database. I would like to inform the user, that the
database migration is in progress. Do you have some ideas?

Jan