F15 Feature - convert as many service init files as possible to the native SystemD services

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Tue Nov 23 16:19:04 UTC 2010

On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 17:18:44 +0100,
  Michał Piotrowski <mkkp4x4 at gmail.com> wrote:
> W dniu 21 listopada 2010 12:13 użytkownik Michał Piotrowski
> <mkkp4x4 at gmail.com> napisał:
> > We can create a list of all scripts in wiki and
> > maintainers of individual packages would indicate that they want to
> > convert scripts themselves.
>
> How can I get information about all packages that provides init scripts?
>
> When I do
> rpm -qf /etc/init.d/*
> I get only information about already installed packages. Any magic
> switch to get informations about all packages from rpm database?

I believe rpm only knows about packages available locally. You either need
to have the packages installed or a local mirror. (You can use urls to
refer to remote packages with rpm, but that isn't likely to be workable.)
If you have a local mirror you can use the p option and name the rpms.

Otherwise yum is probably a better choice for this, since it can use meta
data to get information. One of the yum utilities may be better than yum
itself, but I am not sure offhand.