Urgent: today's F14 catastrophe with openldap-servers update

Jan Vcelak jvcelak at redhat.com
Tue Nov 23 17:11:11 UTC 2010

On Tuesday 23 November 2010 17:30:31, Jesse Keating wrote:
> Why was this update made on F14 in the first place?

I admit, that this was a slight violation of the rules. This is my defence:
There vere no changes between 2.4.22 and 2.4.23, only bugfixes (according to
upstream changelog). The last critical change was switching from OpenSSL to
Mozilla NSS. And these changes were already in F14.

Quite a lot of issues sliped trough our fingers during the testday [1]. And I
really tought, merging master into f14 will not break anything and make fixing
these TLS bugs easier.

I didn't notice this database migration problem. I don't know why, as I tested
it, but it happend. And I was confident, that the migration will be needed
only when minor version changes. The update even passed updates-testing
process [2]. (It seems most people are using only openldap-clients.)

I'm sorry. The fix is ready. I will build it in a while.

Jan

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Day:2010-10-14_OpenLDAP/NSS
[2] https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/openldap-2.4.23-3.fc14