Appeal to finish the change in maintainer for the openjpeg package.

Adam Hough adam.hough at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 22:48:55 UTC 2010

On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 10:21 AM, Jason L Tibbitts III <tibbs at math.uh.edu>wrote:

> AH> Someone with that right permissions need to change who maintains the
> AH> openjpeg package in Fedora.
>
> It has two comaintainers, so I don't really see what the issue is.
>
> I went ahead and gave those comaintainers approveacls permission on the
> Fedora branches so they can add other committers if they desire.
>
>  - J<
> --

Thank you, I think that should help prevent this situation in the future for
this package.

The issue was that the patch that was applied in a special build of 1.3.9.1
that fixed the crash was never pushed out to the repositories.  I had to
complain on the mailing list in an admittedly horribly worded message
complaining that the current maintainers had not pushed out a fix for the
issue yet.  I had though the issue was resolved until I got a Bug Zapper
message saying that the bug was still open.  I would suggest that one of the
co-maintainers add Tom Lane as a committer since he is the person
maintaining openjpeg in Redhat Enterprise.

- Adam Hough