F15 Feature - convert as many service init files as possible to the native SystemD services

Lennart Poettering mzerqung at 0pointer.de
Wed Nov 24 21:51:18 UTC 2010

On Wed, 24.11.10 22:32, Michał Piotrowski (mkkp4x4 at gmail.com) wrote:

> I wanted to convert httpd, and I saw that it's already converted and
> it uses socket
>
> httpd.socket
> ListenStream=80

Where do I find this? Its not in the pkg git tree nor in bugzilla?

> What if administrator want to change port to other? Let's say, that
> I've got configured three servers:
> 80 - cherokee
> 81 - apache
> 82 - nginx

The recommended way to modify the default configuration is to copy
/lib/systemd/system/httpd.socket to /etc/systemd/system/httpd.socket and
then edit it there. That way you can easily drop back to the default
setup by deleting this file again. Files in /etc/systemd/system take
precedence over those equally named in /lib/systemd/system.

> In this enviroment httpd.socket should trigger cherokee not apache.
> Parameter to ListenStream should be taken from server config somehow.
> Is it possible tu run magic grep ^Listen /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf |
> cut -d " " -f 2 in ListenStream?

No, we don't support that really. And I am not convinced we should.

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.