F15 Feature - convert as many service init files as possible to the native SystemD services

Genes MailLists lists at sapience.com
Fri Nov 26 00:57:11 UTC 2010

> Although I can't be the only one who puts various cron jobs
> under /etc/cron.d that get run at various times.
>
> Andrew

 Almost every administrative cron here is in a cron.d crontab file .. we
need control over exactly what time certain things happen. So please
keep the functionality.

 If systemd is the expert spawner - then perhaps things like cron (or
any reproductive daemon for that matter) could lean on a systemd for
spawn service - but leave the other application specific parts to the
local daemons to do for themselves.

 There is some merit in functional separation too ...