vim + clipboard facilities : turned off? How does one enable them?

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Sat Nov 27 18:50:53 UTC 2010

Hello,

I was looking for a method to send text from a vim buffer to the system
clipboard. I came across this[1].

The fedora Vim package has clipboard facility disabled:

[ankurGuest at 070905042 PhD]$ vim --version | grep -i clipboard
-clientserver -clipboard +cmdline_compl +cmdline_hist +cmdline_info
+comments
 -xterm_clipboard -xterm_save

Ubuntu apparently has a package vim-full where the clipboard facilities
etc. is enabled. Is there a similar package in Fedora? I'd really like
to stick to fedora packages. Is there a reason why this is turned off?

Thanks,
Regards,
Ankur

[1]http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-newbie-8/sorting-in-vi-editor-and-copying-to-clipboard-806250/