The new Update Acceptance Criteria are broken

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Sun Nov 28 12:39:41 UTC 2010

On Sun, Nov 28, 2010 at 13:38:36 +0100,
  Till Maas <opensource at till.name> wrote:

> I wrote to give +1 after using it and your original problem was, that
> you did not notice when something works. So if you updated firefox
> yesterday and used it to browse the world wide web without problems and
> run fedora-easy-karma today, you can give the firefox update a +1.
> Fedora-easy-karma shows you how long rpms from an update have been
> installed and you can even query only for updates with rpms that have
> been installed for at least a certain time. So you only need to remember
> whether you actually used it.

Ah, that's a bit different. I use updates-testing (or rawhide) and have kitchen
sink type installs, so lots of updates I get in updates-testing I don't
actually use. For things I don't actually use I just end up reporting about
installation problems. For things I do use, I usually have only been doing
karma when I am following up on a bug I have encountered.

But if easy-karma makes it easy to give karma for things I do use, then it's
probably worth taking a look at.