Looking for testers: RPM 4.9 alpha

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Mon Nov 29 16:15:47 UTC 2010

PM> In particular, I'm interested in feedback on the new, pluggable and
PM> enhanced dependency extration system. Documentation is scarce at the
PM> moment but some background and examples can be found here:
PM> http://laiskiainen.org/blog/?p=35

Unfortunately laiskiainen.org isn't responding for me at the moment, so
I can't check the actual packages, but could you comment on whether
rpm-builds dependency list will be changing as a result of this?
Because if so we'll have to work through a round of build failures as
things which used to be in the buildroot purely due to rpm-build might
no longer be there.  I'm thinking of perl in particular.

 - J<