Looking for testers: RPM 4.9 alpha

Erik van Pienbroek erik at vanpienbroek.nl
Tue Nov 30 19:17:41 UTC 2010

Panu Matilainen schreef op vr 26-11-2010 om 13:20 [+0200]:
> In particular, I'm interested in feedback on the new, pluggable and
> enhanced dependency extration system. Documentation is scarce at the
> moment but some background and examples can be found here:
> http://laiskiainen.org/blog/?p=35

All mingw32 packages in Fedora contain these set of instructions in
the .spec files:

%global _use_internal_dependency_generator 0
%global __find_requires %{_mingw32_findrequires}
%global __find_provides %{_mingw32_findprovides}

Does this new dependency extraction system make these kind of
instructions obsolete?

If I understand your blog entry correctly then we (the Fedora MinGW SIG)
are recommended to use something like this:

%__mingw32_provides %{_mingw32_findprovides}
%__mingw32_requires %{_mingw32_findrequires}

Is this correct or do you recommend something different?

The macros %{_mingw32_findrequires} and %{_mingw32_findprovides} are
mentioned in the file /etc/rpm/macros.mingw32 which is part of the
mingw32-filesystem package. Both refer to a small shell script which
uses the i686-pc-mingw32-objdump tool to extract dependency information.

Kind regards,

Erik van Pienbroek