xulrunner 2.0 in rawhide (F15) bundles several system libs

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Fri Oct 1 23:10:31 UTC 2010

On Saturday 02 October 2010, Christopher Aillon wrote:
> c. help create a real project out of http://littlesvr.ca/apng/ with
> tarballs instead of just patchsets, possibly renaming it to something
> else, and ship that so we can build against it.

How is shipping a redundant copy of essentially the same code better than just
applying the patch to our libpng package?

There's even an upstream for those patchsets, I really don't see why it can't
just be applied to our libpng.

I know that it's a nonstandard extension for PNG. In fact, I'm really angry at
Mozilla for having come up with that instead of promoting the already existing
MNG! But given the situation we have now, it's in the best interest of Fedora
as a distribution to ship an APNG-enabled libpng.

        Kevin Kofler