xulrunner 2.0 in rawhide (F15) bundles several system libs

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Mon Oct 4 09:16:15 UTC 2010

Martin Stransky wrote:
> Right now, we are in process to redirect firefox/thunderbird crashes
> directly to mozilla crash database (http://crash-stats.mozilla.com)
> which is handled by mozilla guys, instead of our bugzilla, so they can
> help us with all Fedora Firefox/Thunderbird crashes.
>
> And you can imagine that we can't achieve that with Fedora customized
> Firefox build. If we want help from upstream we have to follow some rules.

Sadly, that's another symptom of a really uncooperative upstream. :-(

KDE has no distro patch approval process, we have several KDE patches (and
other distros have even more of them), yet DrKonqi still reports all crashes
directly to the upstream KDE Bugzilla. (This is how upstream ships it.) They
can handle that just fine (and in fact generally prefer this system to
having the crash reports scattered in downstream bugzillas).

Mozilla just always has to be a PITA.

        Kevin Kofler