xulrunner 2.0 in rawhide (F15) bundles several system libs

Peter Lemenkov lemenkov at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 11:22:24 UTC 2010

2010/10/4 Matej Cepl <mcepl at redhat.com>:
> Peter Lemenkov, Mon, 04 Oct 2010 12:24:00 +0400:

>> So no excuse here, please - just allow us fixing bugs.
>
> There is absolutely no permission required.

Unfortunately you're talking (and the rest Fedora Mozilla team) about
different task - you're talking about fixing Mozilla upstream product
while I'm talking about fixing Fedora bugs. No one from community is
allowed to fix Mozilla in Fedora. That's why it's absolutely
unmaintainable.

Read it again - we can't fix mozilla products in Fedora. Theoretically
we could send patches to MoFo, but some of them will be rejected due
to political reasons (see links in this thread for their recent
decision regarding bundled libs). So, no thanks - I would like to stay
away from such proprietary and badly manageable stuff.

--
With best regards, Peter Lemenkov.