process to use when missed a patch addition

David Timms dtimms at iinet.net.au
Mon Oct 4 20:23:35 UTC 2010

Hi, new to git, and while following the "conversion" guide [1], I missed
the fact that I had added a new patch, but not added it to git.

So the build failed. I have now: git add x.patch

I'm not sure what is correct procedure to attempt rebuild with the
included patch:
1. fedpkg commit -p
2. fedpkg commit && fedpkg push
3. bump release in spec first, then one of the above.
?

Does a new unique tag get created automatically, or do I need to mess
with "git tag $(fedpkg verrel) && git push --tags" ?

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Using_Fedora_GIT