Quick question on building f14 isos?

mike cloaked mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 19:59:24 UTC 2010

For the past year or so I have built private builds of current Fedora
install isos on an old test machine running f11 using mock/pungi, and
this has generally worked well for me. I use this method to get fully
up to date isos for installs that need almost no updates applying for
the current stable Fedora version, but also I build my own test isos
in the run-up to a new release based on the current packages in the
development repo.

I know that the machine on which I build "should" be updated to a
newer version - but time is against me due to other commitments (my
fault!)

Anyway I tried to build f14 isos on this machine which currently runs
f11 (shameful I know!), and I got lots of "kernel too old" lines in
the terminal when creating the initial mock area when preparing for
the build of f14.

I guess I can't use an f11 machine to build f14 DVD install isos?  If
so do I need to run the mock/pungi build for f14 in an f13 machine, or
will a machine running f12 work also?

Thanks in advance if you can help me out on this one.

--
mike c