xulrunner 2.0 in rawhide (F15) bundles several system libs

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Wed Oct 6 13:26:59 UTC 2010

On 10/06/2010 02:49 PM, Matej Cepl wrote:
> Ralf Corsepius, Tue, 05 Oct 2010 06:01:09 +0200:
>> Close source school of thinking - Trademarks exist to protect an
>> enterprise's product and to close out "copyiers". FLOSS exists to enable
>> people "to share".
>
> Nonsense, trademarks exists to protect users and to avoid living off
> somebody else brand recognition.

I disagree - trademarks exist to protect the manufacturer from loosing
profits because of their products being copied.

Ask Adidas or Nike why they sue Chinese manufacturers and you'll see.
They'll tell you that they loose money because of being copied.

> Which is the only reason why plagiarized
> products are really bad. I would really prefer genuine Rhine Risling than
> some cheap junk which just sells much better under this name.
I drink Baden Riesling ... a Rhine Risling likely originates from
somewhere else.