Yubikeys are now supported

Camilo Mesias camilo at mesias.co.uk
Thu Oct 7 22:14:20 UTC 2010

I'm not a security expert but I understood that the usual way to use
these keys was to have one server that the key authenticates with, and
further sites would be accessible through openID or similar - so the
authentication is always with one server.

Using the same device with mutliple servers is possible but increases
the possibility of OTP being replayed - since one server is not aware
that the other has consumed the OTP.

Also my Yubikey can store more than one set of 'secrets' so it's
really two keys in one. I have one that authenticates against the
'official' server and the secondary key is used with a private server.
Worth considering if you want to use the same physical device over
multiple servers.

I hope some technical details will be published about the Fedora use
of Yubikeys sometime soon.

-Cam