Git commit in all available branches

Jeff Fearn jfearn at redhat.com
Sun Oct 10 23:07:17 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-10-08 at 13:56 -0600, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> On Fri, 08 Oct 2010 18:03:04 +0400
> "Pavel Alexeev (aka Pahan-Hubbitus)" <forum at hubbitus.com.ru> wrote:
>
> >  In most cases I try sync all branches if there no real reasons to
> > make differences.
>
> ...snip...
>
> I would hope a real reason would be that the update is not a security
> or bugfix only update, right?

IMHO it depends on what kind of software it is.

I push releases of applications to all current Fedora releases. The
users want the new features, it's what they have been bugging me for.

If I was working on glibc or X I might not do that, but applications
should be pushed back unless there is some system level constraint
preventing it.

So I too would like a "commit to all branches" or "sync all branches to
this one" command.

Cheers, Jeff.

--
Jeff Fearn <jfearn at redhat.com>
Software Engineer

Sure our competitors can rebuild the source but can they engage the customer the same way? -wmealing