Ubuntu 10.10's installer looks rather nice

seth vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Mon Oct 11 17:57:35 UTC 2010

> Chris Lumens (clumens at redhat.com) said:
> > >  - downloads updates in parallel too
> >
> > Package updates?
>
> 1) Given that it's using yum, downloading multiple things in parallel
> would need to be fixed there.

We have an open rfe for related things - we're hoping to combine two
rfe's into one:

1. have the pkg/metadata downloads run in a different process in a
different context  - for selinux
2. have each repo have its own downloader process which can handle
however many pkgs/metadata at a time that downloader process can cope
with.

If someone wants to work on that come by #yum

-sv