Git commit in all available branches

Matthew Garrett mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org
Tue Oct 12 01:23:17 UTC 2010

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 09:32:15AM +1000, Jeffrey Fearn wrote:

> What do you mean "leave it alone"? The people using it WANT the changes.
> Why are you telling them how they can use their system?

Because by pushing updates you're also potentially making it impossible
for people who don't want new bugs to use Fedora. The board have decided
that that's a class of user that we want to support.

> They want the changes, it's trivial for me to give them the changes, why
> wouldn't I give them the changes?

Because anyone who says that they can provide a software update without
any risk of breaking something that a user currently depends on is
either naive or lying.

Matthew Garrett | mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org