Git commit in all available branches

Jeffrey Fearn jfearn at redhat.com
Tue Oct 12 03:08:17 UTC 2010

Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Oct 2010 09:32:15 +1000
> Jeffrey Fearn <jfearn at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> What do you mean "leave it alone"? The people using it WANT the
>> changes. Why are you telling them how they can use their system?
>
> Not at all. :)
>
>> They want the changes, it's trivial for me to give them the changes,
>> why wouldn't I give them the changes?
>
> Because it breaks things or changes behavior for another large group of
> users?

As I said, if I was doing a systems level package I'd not do it, but at
the application level you only tend to affect users of your application.

> Can we perhaps stop talking in the abstract? What package is this?

publican\*

> What sort of updates does it get?

Large changes of every kind: bug fixes, new features, changes in
behavior of existing features. Everything you'd expect of an application
that is fairly young and has a demanding user base ... a very demanding
user base ... OK, an extremely demanding user base ... yeah, I have ulcers.

Cheers, Jeff.

--
Jeff Fearn <jfearn at redhat.com>
Software Engineer