Ubuntu 10.10's installer looks rather nice

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 18:57:25 UTC 2010

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 10:42 AM, Evan Dandrea <ev at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> You can follow the path to the different desktop CDs from here:
>
> http://www.ubuntu.com/desktop/get-ubuntu/download
>
> The alternate CD can be found under the alternative downloads link,
> with an explanation that it "is suited for computers unable to run the
> graphical desktop based installation, either because their computer
> does not meet the minimum requirements for the live cd or because
> their computer requires configuration after the installation is
> complete in order to use the desktop."

I followed the links and ended up with torrent ticket download links.
Taking a look at the ubuntu torrent tracker stats at
http://torrent.ubuntu.com:6969/ and I'm seeing a _shockingly_ low
amount of activity there. Like disturbingly low.  Much much lower than
what we see on our Fedora torrent tracker
(http://torrent.fedoraproject.org:6969/). Was the Ubuntu torrent
tracker restarted or purged recently?

-jef