Ubuntu 10.10's installer looks rather nice

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 00:43:43 UTC 2010

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 12:46 PM, Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta at gmail.com> wrote:
> The low activity on the Ubuntu torrent server generally really leaves
> me scratching my head as to how to evaluate the applicability of the
> alternative image approach.

Just to provide some closure on this. I watched the Ubuntu torrent
tracker for a few hours today and saw the aggregate total downloaded
column at the end of the table drop to a lower number.
>From this I surmise that the ubuntu torrent tracker is not configured
as I would expect. It seems like its purging its aggregate data nearly
continuously.  This makes it an invalid source of trending data.

Evan, you might want to poke at a sysadmin inside your fenceline and
see if they can change the behaviour so that its not purging its
aggregate download stats so aggressively so that it can be used as a
data source for release timescale and multi-release timescale
trending.  There's precious little publicly available information
about linux distribution update trending. It seems a shame to squander
Ubuntu's torrent tracker aggregate stats.

-jef