Ubuntu 10.10's installer looks rather nice

Chris Jones chrisjones at comcen.com.au
Wed Oct 13 08:43:32 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-10-11 at 11:41 +0100, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> I installed and played with Ubuntu 10.10 over the weekend (in a VM),
> and I have to say that their installer is very smooth indeed. <snip>

As a full-time Ubuntu user, I just want to point out that I don't really
like the Ubuntu installer and its whole process. Although I do prefer to
use to distro itself.

When I do use Fedora, I really enjoy the whole live-image-copy process
as its super fast and efficient and it does the job well. It's much
faster than the installer of Ubuntu.
So again, as a full-time Ubuntu user, the Fedora Development Team should
be very proud of what they've achieved with the Fedora and Anaconda
Installer.

Regards

Chris Jones