Ubuntu 10.10's installer looks rather nice

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Oct 13 15:21:22 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-10-13 at 10:16 +0200, Gerd Hoffmann wrote:

> And it probably shouldn't be labeled "Advanced ..." but say what kind of
> advanced stuff is hidden there, i.e. the "advanced storage" button
> should be labeled "Add SAN storage ..." because this is what it actually
> is about.  Now you can figure whenever you need that or not without
> klicking and looking, see?

Nope, because that's not all it does. You also need the 'advanced'
storage mode if you want to explicitly exclude disks from being
considered during installation at all, which was previously part of the
normal installation flow; now you're only shown that screen if you pick
the 'advanced' mode. A button saying 'SAN storage and explicit device
selection...' is rapidly getting uglier, and I'm sure there's other
stuff that's in that path which that description still doesn't cover.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey