Ubuntu 10.10's installer looks rather nice

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Oct 13 15:23:23 UTC 2010

> Ok, so what you're saying is, that the specific case of having /boot on
> softraid didn't work for you.  I may have missed that clarification in
> your first email.  I do find it odd because I constantly test scenarios
> where /boot is a small mirror and / is a large stripe and it seems to
> work every time for me, often starting from blank disks.  I'll test that
> scenario again soon, maybe there is something I'm doing that you're not,
> or vice versa?

As I recall it, Jesse, Rudolf's right - there are known issues with
having /boot on a soft RAID and that's why it's explicitly excluded from
the release criteria. Unfortunately it's sufficiently long since FUDCon
Toronto that I can't recall what the known issues were exactly, but
anaconda team may.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey