xulrunner 2.0 in rawhide (F15) bundles several system libs

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Wed Oct 13 21:30:52 UTC 2010

Peter Lemenkov wrote:

> 2010/10/4 Martin Stransky <stransky at redhat.com>:
>
>> FIXED UPSTREAM is a correct resolution for the bug, and it has been
>> fixed by upstream and came to F13 in firefox 3.6.x.
>
> That's an absolutely great tactics to deal with bug reports! And
> that's why I call proprietary Mozilla software as unmaintainable - you
> doesn't and you can't  fix issues (in this case you did close two
> tickets but both issues are still remains unresolved).

Well, normally it's the s390 arch team's job to fix the build on s390, and
they should have commit access to all packages, even Firefox. If that's not
the case, talk to the infrastructure team to get the required access.

But I agree that closing it as fixed in a more recent Fedora release is
completely unacceptable for a build fix which prevents shipping the package
at all on that architecture. This MUST be fixed in the F12 branch.

        Kevin Kofler