trademarks [was: xulrunner 2.0 in rawhide (F15) bundles several system libs]

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Wed Oct 13 22:11:24 UTC 2010

Brandon Lozza wrote:
> I think an exception should be made for Chromium too.

No. Just no.

The exceptions for Firefox need to stop NOW, i.e. no new ones should be
granted and the ones that have already been granted repealed/discontinued.
Giving yet another package a free pass is going in the entirely wrong
direction.

(That said, I really don't see why Firefox gets a free pass while Chromium
doesn't.)

> Having a more secure browser would benefit the main repositories.

We already have Konqueror which is more secure than either Firefox or
Chromium. (There have been much fewer security vulnerabilities in KHTML than
either Gecko or WebKit. All the WebKit issues have been checked for
reproducibility in KHTML and most weren't reproducible.)

        Kevin Kofler