xulrunner 2.0 in rawhide (F15) bundles several system libs

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Wed Oct 13 22:21:04 UTC 2010

Adam Williamson wrote:
> Practically speaking, it would add an extra burden to the maintainers,
> who already do not have enough resources to deal with all the issues.
> Again, the reason we don't carry non-upstream patches in Firefox has
> nothing to do with the branding issue. It's because we don't have the
> resources to maintain non-upstream patches in Firefox.

Nonsense.
* Whenever somebody complains about the Firefox maintainers rejecting non-
upstream patches, they give the trademarks as the reason.
* Whenever somebody complains about the branding, they claim it doesn't
matter because we aren't carrying non-upstream patches anyway.
That's a very circular argument. Please don't fall for it.

There are some very concrete practical reasons for shipping some non-
upstream patches, unbundling libraries is one of those.

        Kevin Kofler