xulrunner 2.0 in rawhide (F15) bundles several system libs

Al Dunsmuir al.dunsmuir at sympatico.ca
Wed Oct 13 23:27:25 UTC 2010

On Wednesday, October 13, 2010, 6:56:18 PM, Gregory wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 6:46 PM, Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> wrote:

> Iceweasel as it currently exists in debian currently bundles exactly
> the same media libraries.

> (http://packages.debian.org/source/experimental/iceweasel — notice the
> lack of dependency on libvorbis,libtheora,libvpx,libogg,etc)

> It's facts like these that put the lie to the ridiculous claim that
> the media library bundling has much of anything to do with trademarks.

Gregory,

<Foghorn Leghorn voice>
Ah  say  suh... how dare you bring facts to the table! That equine was
only  a  few  weeks  dead, and I am certain - I said certain - that it
would eventually notice the floggin'!
</Foghorn Leghorn voice>

Just  think  of  all  those  wasted weeks of ranting where no one else
bothered  to  check  the  _assumptions_  made  by  the "it must be the
trademarks causing the problem" folks.

I think the appropriate term is "Game, Set and Match".
Al