Building mono-2.8 for 64 bit - possible solution to the problem

Paul F. Johnson paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Thu Oct 14 19:21:34 UTC 2010

Hi,

> > It looks like glibc is missing TLS support. Do I submit a BZ against
> > glibc?
>
> That is simply not the case and it's hard to see how you came to such
> a conclusion.

Based on what I'm seeing from the error and getting from searching...

I've looked a bit deeper and there is nothing untoward being set in the
Makefile.in or Makefile.am files anywhere during the compilation - it's
picking things up in the configure script correctly and there is nothing
in the buildlog to say -m32 is being passed.

I'm going now to assume that CCASFLAGS on the x86_64 buildsys is
returning -m64 (is there a way to examine the root Makefiles generated
by the buildsys to ensure that this is happening?) and what does that
leave us with?

Help! I'm running around in circles!!!!

TTFN

Paul

--
Vertraue mir, ich weiss, was ich mache...