upstart in rawhide

M A Young m.a.young at durham.ac.uk
Thu Oct 14 21:26:11 UTC 2010

On Thu, 14 Oct 2010, Adam Williamson wrote:

> On Thu, 2010-10-14 at 17:13 +0200, Petr Lautrbach wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> systemd will be default init system in Fedora 15 and scripts infrastructure will be adapted to it.
>> There is a plan to leave upstart in Fedora as non-official alternative.
>
> Why?

It makes perfect sense to me, as there could easily be things that don't
work with systemd and "submit a bug report then use upstart" is a more
appropriate answer than "don't use rawhide/F15 until it is fixed" or "try
Ubuntu". Also upstart is in the contingency plan for the systemd feature.

 	Michael Young