Summary/Minutes for today's FESCo meeting (2010-10-05)

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Thu Oct 14 23:42:02 UTC 2010

On Thu, 14 Oct 2010 10:51:08 -0400
Brandon Lozza <brandon at pwnage.ca> wrote:

> It doesn't help when a majority of voting FESCo members are biased
> Firefox users who seem to hate the idea of Iceweasel (based on what I
> gather from their meeting notes).

I use midori here. Every once in a great while I will run firefox to
look at something or see some behavior, but I almost never have it
running. Please don't speak for others when you don't really know the
answer to the question.

> There seem to be some preconceptions
> about what happens when you remove the branding. No conclusive data
> can be provided to indicate how much users Firefox brings the distro.

Indeed.

> I also don't appreciate the comment at the meeting about "non
> contributing" members on the mailing list complaining about this
> issue. It's an argument often used to ignore people with valid
> arguments who also don't happen to have a computer science degree.
> Some of us advocate Fedora and that in itself is a contribution.
> Fedora consists of volunteers in many areas, not all of them make
> packages or write code.

Sure. I agree, but just discussing something or being vocal about it
means you expect someone else to do the work. In an all volunteer setup
like Fedora, you may have to realize that this means it won't be done
unless someone steps up to do it.

kevin