Bug in curl makes Fedora ftp:// URL installations fail with some mirrors

Chuck Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Mon Oct 18 13:27:14 UTC 2010

On Sun, Oct 17, 2010 at 02:03:20PM +0300, Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:
> Yes, indeed, it seems more likely a bug in the FTP server (pure-ftpd),
> but it would be very nice to have a workaround in curl or in anaconda for
> it..

Why not fix the the problem at the source?

> I'm sure ftp.funet.fi is not the only Fedora mirror running pure-ftpd.

If pure-ftpd can't/won't be fixed, perhaps MirrorManager should
perform a test for broken ftp servers and refuse to hand out mirrors
that are running broken software.