Eclipse Fedora Packager: Call for Testers and Contributors

Alexander Kurtakov akurtako at redhat.com
Thu Oct 21 08:52:58 UTC 2010

> On 10/21/2010 08:10 AM, Severin Gehwolf wrote:
> > Hi Fedora Packagers,
> >
> > <pitch>
> > I would like to bring a new Eclipse plug-in to your
> > attention: Eclipse Fedora Packager[1]
> >

> > Feedback, testing, bug reports, contributions are very much
> > appreciated. Our Trac instance is here (use your FAS to login):
> > https://fedorahosted.org/eclipse-fedorapackager/
> >
> > If you have questions, run into problems or would be interested in
>
> > contributing please let me know:
> I wanting to package something new. Is this the right kind of tool  or
> does it require the package to exist in git? In any case I'll have a
> crack at it and let you know how I go.

For packaging new software you may want to take a look at
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Linux_Tools_Project/SpecfileEditor/User_Guide#Creating_a_New_Specfile
. It makes use of rpmdevtools templates and letting you even fulfill some of
the templates tags. Install with yum install eclipse-rpm-editor.
If you plan to package an eclipse plugin or maven based project there is also
http://eclipse.org/linuxtools/projectPages/rpmstubby/ .
Install with yum install eclipse-rpmstubby.

Note that these are separate projects from what Severin is working on but they
are complimantery.
Let me know if you need any help or you find a problem.

Regards,
Alex