No subject

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 18:33:16 UTC 2010

For those who aren't also subscribed to the python-dev mailing list :-),
Dave and Neal's posts about fpconst sparked some interest in porting work
there.  Talking with Barry Warsaw we'd like to use the
python-porting at python.org mailing list to coordinate efforts to port so that
distros can help each other with this task rather than everybody reinventing
the same patches:

There's also a few wiki pages on wiki.python.org that we've decided to use
as well:

http://wiki.python.org/moin/PortingToPy3k/
http://wiki.python.org/moin/PortingToPy3k/PortingHelpers

It's a wiki so feel free to edit information, post scripts to the mailing
list to gather information, etc.  Right now I'm in brainstorming mode but we need to
figure out some ways to make actual progress on the code too.  For that we
need to figure out how to submit code upstream and how/when to fork if
upstreams are dead, etc.

-Toshio