policycoreutils needs cairo.

Colin Walters walters at verbum.org
Mon Oct 25 21:21:51 UTC 2010

On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 3:33 PM, Dave Jones <davej at redhat.com> wrote:
> I did a minimal install yesterday, and was surprised to find that
> cairo, and a bunch of X libs were still installed.
>
> The dependancy chain that pulled them in looks like this..
>
> policycoreutils -> dbus-glib -> gobject-introspection -> fontconfig -> cairo

This is fixed in F15 in multiple ways (restorecond is split out of
policycoreutils, and dbus-glib no longer deps on
gobject-introspection, and g-i no longer depends on cairo)

> Could any part of that chain have its dependancies relaxed ?

Unfortunately we didn't notice this dependency until pretty late in
F14...I'm not sure what can be done reasonably at this point, since
all of these packages are critical path.