policycoreutils needs cairo.

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Mon Oct 25 22:52:38 UTC 2010

> Colin Walters (walters at verbum.org) said:
> > On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 5:21 PM, Colin Walters <walters at verbum.org> wrote:
> > >
> > > Unfortunately we didn't notice this dependency until pretty late in
> > > F14...I'm not sure what can be done reasonably at this point, since
> > > all of these packages are critical path.
> >
> > Though I will say that if this was determined to be a blocker, here's
> > a really safe minimal fix:
>
> AFAIK, there's nothing on the release criteria which make this a blocker.
> You can submit an update whenever for it, of course.

It's worth pointing out that we're not religious about the criteria: we
want to have criteria to cover each blocker issue, but that doesn't mean
that no issue can ever be a blocker unless it meets the existing
criteria. When we come across an issue that is widely agreed ought to be
a blocker, but doesn't meet the existing criteria, we write a new
criterion. :)

Having said that, I don't think this seems serious enough to be a
blocker, though obviously we'd like the minimal install to be as minimal
as possible. Does it cause major problems for any spins? I doubt it, I
expect most of them will have cairo for one reason or another anyway.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey