who broke fedoraproject.org usability?

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Wed Oct 27 16:27:07 UTC 2010

Once upon a time, Michał Piotrowski <mkkp4x4 at gmail.com> said:
> I visited fedoraproject.org site to visit "Fedora Project Wiki". Where
> is the link to the wiki? It's in page footer. Fedora wiki is
> _important_ source of information (is the only place known to me where
> I can find a link to the page when I can find a link to systemd git
> repo url :)) link should be visible.
>
> In any case, a new page looks very nice and modern :)

Well, I went to see what you are talking about, from a F13 system with
Firefox 3.6.11, and the page is pretty garbled.  There is something
about printing under the quotes near the top of the page (if I highlight
to copy I get a different block of text about "Printing made easy", and
there's a partially visible form field at the right that says
"rinters/Canon...").  Scrolling down, I've got another block about "A
worldwide community of friends" on top of "YOUR LIFE ON FEDORA".

Also, something about the layout makes it slow to scroll in Firefox (of
course, that's not hard to do).

I'm glad somebody is trying to make the site look better, but this is
not so good.
--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>