Default partitioning

Javier Prats javierpra at gmail.com
Fri Oct 29 02:37:40 UTC 2010

Hello Stephen,

On a default Fedora installation using encryption and LVM it partitioned
a 50GB drive giving 44GB to the root partition and only 4GB to /home.
In most environments saving things to the root partition is avoided and
it seems there is more than enough room for applications.  This is the
first distribution I've seen do this, but it's also the first time using
encryption on partitions.  This is very well ignorance on my part, but
is there a reason for that being the default partitioning scheme?