Building boo against mono-2.8 problem

Michel Alexandre Salim salimma at fedoraproject.org
Fri Oct 29 08:17:23 UTC 2010

On Thu, 28 Oct 2010 23:34:38 +0100, Paul F. Johnson wrote:

> Hi,
>
>> > Is it possible to build boo on koji without removing the old version
>> > or is there a way to just remove Boo.Lang.Extensions from the gac?
>> >
>> Not sure how this is a problem. Boo.Lang.Extensions.dll is only shipped
>> by the boo package, right? And rebuilding boo does *not* pull in the
>> old version, so where's the conflict coming from?
>
> Boo itself.
>
> It looks like it tries to pull in Boo.Lang.Extensions from the gac if
> its there and build against that - but can't. I'm saying looks like as
> upstream aren't that forthcoming with information, just a workaround.

Sure; I'm not surprised that the problem is with Boo itself, but how
could it find Boo in the GAC if this is a pristine mock / Koji install?

And if only local rebuilds are affected, I don't think we need to worry
about it that much; that's what a build server is for.

--
Michel Alexandre Salim
Fedora Project Contributor: http://fedoraproject.org/

Email:  salimma at fedoraproject.org  | GPG key ID: 78884778